New Paintings for 2015: Arbutus Tree I and II, Twilight on Mushrooms, and Fungi
Other Sports Paintings for sale at Ettinger’s Art Gallery at 990 Chaster Road and for sale at the BC Sports Hall of Fame are:
Mike Weir, 36” x 30” x 1 ¼”, acrylic, Signed by Weir in 2000
Cyclone Taylor, 16” x 8”, acrylic, hockey-stick frame
Smoky Joe Wood, 40” x 30”, shadow-box frame, $1,100
Practice – Hockey, 40” x 30”, acrylic, sand, black shoe polish, red frame
Practice – Three Balls and Glove, 30” x 36” x 1 ¼”, acrylic
Ben Hogan, 48” x 30”, acrylic, Shadow-box frame
Contact me at email@example.com for prices and more information.
Below are photos taken at a recent exhibit of my work at the BC Sports Hall of Fame, 2015 – 2016. A big ‘thank you’ to all the workers – and especially Jason Beck who curated the exhibit – who contributed to the success of this show!
The Reflection Series Art Work is Available at Artist’s studio: 990 Chaster Road, Gibsons, B.C., V0N 1V4: The Reflection Series was launched in a shared show with W.P. Kinsella [Field of Dreams], and Kerry Banks [Novelist, Freelance Journalist and Photographer] with 24 artworks depicting 18 ballplayers and 6 hockey images. Description of Artwork – each 3-dimensional art piece consists of two frames, secured together with brass hinges. One frame contains a piece of board covered with canvas and then layered with an acrylic coating. On this is placed a reverse image of a baseball player (all hockey art pieces have sold). Collaged around this image is text taken from old and discarded sports books and magazines that relate to the image.
The image is layered with 25 acrylic washes of burnt sienna and ultramarine blue paint to create and enhance an aged appearance. The adjoining frame holds a mirror that is over-laid with a quote or relevant symbol. When viewed in the mirror, the image will not be reversed but can be seen as it should be seen.
Ballplayers still available, both sizes priced at $500 US each: 10″ x 8″ x two sides:
- Roger Maris – On mirror: “Maybe I’m not a great man, but I damn well want to break the record”.
- Josh Gibsons – On mirror: “His name is Gibson…he can do everything. And he catches so easy he might as well be in a rocking chair…”.
- Christy Mathewson – On mirror: “Pitching in a Pinch”. 11″ x 8.5″ x two sides.
- Babe Ruth – On mirror: “I swing big, with everything I’ve got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can.”
- Honus Wagner – On mirror: “There ain’t much to being a ballplayer, if you’re a ballplayer.”